Attractive Georgian-style building of 1826 with hipped roof and harled masonry walls. Simple rectangular plan with vestry to rear, front façade dominated by a pediment and short tower. Lancet windows have fine fenestration. Symmetry in front and side elevations maintained by trompe-l’œil windows. Inside, a fine tiered precentor’s box and pulpit.
Appeal for £150k commenced June 2012 to enable major repairs to be carried out. Urgent works have commenced September 2013
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.