Opened in 1954, this church with its square tower with pyramid roof was designed by Ian Lindsay & Partners, taking inspiration from traditional churches of Caithness such as Reay. The exterior walls are white harled and the roofs of slate. The simple interior is focused on the pulpit with its octagonal sounding board. Additional halls were built in 1971.
Sunday service at 11am. Occasional family praise services at 6pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Colinton Mains Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.