Closeburn Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Cample, Closeburn, DG3 5HD
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built by James Barbour 1878 alongside former (1741) church. In Gothic style with a three-stage tower. Spacious interior with an elaborate hammerbeam roof supported on foliaged corbels. Pipe organ by Henry Willis & Sons 1887. Window in the north transept by the St Enoch Glass Studios 1948. Font originally from Dalgarnock. In the graveyard is the smart mausoleum built by Thomas Kirkpatrick of Closeburn in 1742.
Open by arrangement
Contact Closeburn Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.