There has been a church at Clackmannan since St Serf visited from Culross in the 8th century. The present church was built in 1815 by James Gillespie Graham to replace a 13th-century church. Perpendicular Gothic with buttressed tower at the west end. Stained glass by Herbert Hendrie, Gordon Webster, Sadie Pritchard and Douglas Hamilton. Modern Makin Toccata digital computerised organ. Graveyard has stones dating from the 17th century with several Bruce family memorials. Views over Carse of Forth.
Sunday 11.00am September-June, 10.00am July and August
Open weekdays 2.00-4.00pm mid-June-mid-September or by arrangement
Contact Clackmannan Parish Church of Scotland.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.