The church was built in 1854 and its design, suggested by Col William Hay of Duns Castle, was based on a small Lutheran church in the Rhine valley, Germany. Romanesque style with aisles and a tower with broach spire. Very good organ by Harrison & Harrison. One of the windows is a Memorial to the late Admiral Sir Bertram and Lady Ramsay; the Admiral was Commander-in-Chief at the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940 and allied Naval Commander-in-Chief at the Normandy invasion in 1944.
Sunday: Traditional Communion 8.30am on 2nd Sunday of the month. Main service at 10.30am (Holy Communion except 2nd Sunday when it is Morning Prayer)
Open during daylight hours
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.