The chevron-patterned Norman doorway at the south-west corner of the church dates from the 12th century. The church was largely rebuilt in 1878 with the church hall, vestry and tower added in 1905-7. Buried in the kirkyard are the famous 17th-century Reforming minister, Henry Erskine, and the 1960s World Champion racing driver, Jim Clark.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.