The present church, dating from 1813, was built on the site of a 12th-century church. Subsequent changes include a chancel built out from the north wall by A Marshall Mackenzie 1923. Later alterations by McCombie of Inverurie in 1968. Good furnishings of the time of the extension by Mckenzie, 1923. Of particular interest are the baptismal basin of 1742, the impressive stained glass window, mosaic plaque and the A-listed gateway in the west wall of the churchyard, dated 1626.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.