Commanding a fine view down the valley, this is a historic site dating back to St Cuthbert; the Mother Kirk of Lauderdale, established by Dryburgh Abbey. Present building erected 1817 by James Gillespie Graham in Perpendicular Gothic. Original pulpit and fittings. Bell of 1702 still rung each Sunday.
Sunday 10.00am April-December in church, January-March, services are in War Memorial Hall, Oxton
Contact Channelkirk Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.