The principal church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Aberdeen, built in 1860 and designed by Alexander Ellis. The tall spire with bells was added in 1877, designed by Robert G Wilson, was added when the church was elevated to a cathedral. Contains religious artefacts by Charles Blakeman, Gabriel Loire, Ann Davidson, Felix McCullough, David Gulland and Alexander Brodie. The organ is a rare example of the work of James Conacher, Huddersfield, 1887.
Saturday Vigil 7.00pm; Sunday 8.00am, 9.30am (Polish), 11.15am, 3.00pm (Polish), 6.00pm
Open daily, summer 8.00am-5.00pm, winter 8.00am-4.00pm.
Contact Cathedral of St Mary of the Assumption.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.