White-painted rectangular hall-church of 1815 built to replace an earlier church. Birdcage bellcote on the east gable. Apse and porch added and the windows given their present appearance re-ordered in 1931-3. The west gallery was added in 1840. The interior was re-ordered in 1931-3 retaining the mid-18th century enclosed central communion table. The communion table in the apse and the pulpit date from 1931-3. Stained glass in the apse, of St Paul, Our Lord as the Good Shepherd and St Andrew, are by R Douglas McLundie. Memorial plaques to John Semple, Covenanting minister, and John Loudon MacAdam, roads pioneer. Covenanter’s grave.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.