Carntyne Parish Church was formed in January 2016 from teh union of High Carntyne Parish Church and South Carntyne Parish Church.
High Carntyne Parish was the first church extension charge of the Church of Scotland. The congregation met in ‘the hut’ until the current building was completed in 1932 to designs by J Taylor Thomson in 1932. The church is built of rRed brick walls with stone surrounds to the windows and doors and a stone base course. Original single bell still in use. Extensive suite of halls built alongside the church in 1955.
Open by arrangement
Contact Carntyne Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.