Church opened for worship 1902, replacing the Old Parish Church which stood on the other side of the main street. Romanesque design by Peter MacGregor Chalmers. Aisled nave with gallery above east aisle. Stained glass includes striking War Memorial windows in south gable by Margaret Chilton and Marjorie Kemp, chancel windows by Douglas Strachan depicting the empty tomb. 3-manual and pedal pipe organ by H S Vincent of Sunderland, 1902, rebuilt in 1989 and 1999 by John R Lightbown & Sons. Side chapel designated St Stephen’s Chapel following the Union of Carnoustie Parish Church with the former St Stephen’s Free Church (now demolished).
Sundays: Normally 11 am, occasional variation published on website.
Outwith service times access by arrangement with the Minister, Rev Michael Goss: MGoss@churchofscotland.org.uk Tel. 01241 859405
Contact Carnoustie Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.