Carmunnock Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Kirk Road, Carmunnock, G76 9DA
Local Authority: Glasgow
Rebuilt 1767 on pre-Reformation site and repaired in 1840. External stone staircases to three galleries. Laird’s gallery. Stained glass by Norman Macleod MacDougall. Ancient graveyard has watch-house with original instructions for grave watchers 1828, and burial vault of Stirling-Stuart family, Lairds of Castlemilk.
Open June, July & August, Saturday 2.00-4.00pm or by arrangement
Contact Carmunnock Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.