Known as ‘The Little Cathedral of the Upper Ward’, due to the quality of the decoration, this church was built 1750 and extensively remodelled 1904 by Sir Robert Lorimer. The staircase to the gallery and several headstones were brought from the site of the 12th-century church a mile away. Magnificent stained glass window 1904. Other glass by Crear McCartney. Many memorials to the Carmichael family and clan.
Sunday: 9.30am for 3 months and then at 11am for 6 months – rotating the times every 3 months with Symington and Libberton
Open by arrangement
Contact Cairngryffe Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.