This Gothic-style church, designed by R A Bryden, was opened in 1877 for coal miners and their families. Halls designed by Cullen, Lochhead and Brown added in 1925 and 1961. Pipe organ by Forster & Andrew of Hull installed in 1889. Communion table, chairs and eagle lectern are by Thomas Wilson of Glasgow. Stained glass windows by Stephen Adam, Douglas Hamilton, John Blyth and Sadie McLellan.
Sundays: 10.00am, June to August; 10.45am, September to May.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.