Built as the United Free Church by Mr Anderson of Hopeman in 1861, extended and gallery added 1908. The parish church began as a chapel of ease of Duffus Kirk in 1823 and a successor church opened in 1902. After the Union of 1929, the United Free Church was used. Stained glass by Father Giles Connacher of Pluscarden Abbey using dalles de verre technique. Bell from original chapel of ease.
Open by arrangement
Contact Burghead Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.