Built 1857 by Hay & Hay of Liverpool in Gothic style for the Free Buccleuch congregation established at the 1843 Disruption. The congregation has sought to remain true to the original Free Church vision of reformed theology and evangelical outreach. One of the largest hammerbeam roofs in the country and an impressive spire.
Sunday 11.00am and 5.30pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.