Built in 1804 and extended in 1886 by Robert Bryden of Broughton and Glasgow to whom there is a memorial stained glass window in the north wall. The most recent of many changes to the building over the years have been the provision of a door for access for disabled, rearrangement of some pews to provide a gathering area, the installation of a fine organ (from local fund-raising), and a new lighting system.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.