The present church, designed by D & JR McMillan, was built in 1910 from local red sandstone on a site adjacent to the Cloy Burn. It has an impressive square tower approx 53ft high housing a single bell which is rung regularly for 5 minutes before morning service on Sundays. The present layout of the interior of the Church dates from 1959. The pulpit, built by local craftsmen, is an exact replica of John Knox’s pulpit. Two stained glass windows are in memory of church member Bethia Torrance who died in 1958. Originally the church hall was Bennecarrigan Free Church on the west side of the island. Since it was no longer in use it was transported in March 1950 alongside Brodick Church as a hall.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.