Built in 1873, sandstone exterior, slate roof, bell tower. Floor of sanctuary raised to height of balcony 1930 to provide ground floor halls. 2 Murals “St. Francis” by Pritchard, Glasgow School of Art Principal (1955) and “The life of Christ in Bridgeton” by Alisdair Gray and Alastair Hood.
Sundays: 11.00am and occasionally at 6pm.
Access by arrangement
Contact St Francis-in-the-East
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.