Braes of Rannoch Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Bridge of Gaur, PH17 2QB
Local Authority: Perth & Kinross
Built in 1907, Peter MacGregor Chalmers. The bellcote is from an earlier building of 1776 and also borne by a church built in 1855 on this site. Granite-walled interior, unusual chancel and lovely woodwork give a special atmosphere of peace and beauty. Rothwell pipe organ from Urquhart Church, Elgin, rebuilt 1991 David Loosley. This was the only charge of Rev Archibald Eneas Robertson (1907-20), first ascender of all ‘Munros’ in Scotland (283 peaks over 3,000ft).
Contact Braes of Rannoch Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.