Built in 1806, a simple near square plan, boulder rubble, tall pined roof with short ridge. Small gablet with bellcote having ball finial. West wall, two large gothic windows with original basket tracery sashes. South wall, two gothic doorways. North wall, interior, woodland with cove ceiling, horseshoe gallery on square columns reeded to front, good original ogee canopied pulpit with precentors box and other original fittings. Original door furniture. 1760 John Mowat bell. Fragment of sculptured stone. RS 1669 panel, 1671 laden and two badly damaged medieval effigies preserved within church. Some minor alterations and repairs in 1934.
Painted and stencilled walls, covered by more modern paintwork on coving exposed in parts.
9:30am 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.