Black Mount Parish Church
Address: Dolphinton, EH46 7HH
Local Authority: South Lanarkshire
Originally a parsonage in the 13th century, it appears to have always occupied the same site, undergoing a complete rebuild in 1789, with late 19th-century additions. A typical T-plan church, built so the preacher has the light behind him and the congregation can hear him. The bell dates from c.1800.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.