Bishopton Parish Church lies on a knoll to the north-east of the village. The Abbey of Paisley founded a church on the site, on the pilgrimage route to Iona, in the twelve century. The current building was constructed in 1812 and is a hall church with a square tower at the west end.
Open by arrangement
Contact this church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.