Built 1887, architect Thomas Binnie of Glasgow, for the United Free Church. By uniting with the Established Church, now in ruins, it became the Church of Scotland and still flourishes as such. HRH the Prince of Wales worshipped here on a private visit in 1991. Berneray is now accessible by a causeway from North Uist across the Sound of Harris.
Sundays: 12.00noon or 6.00pm, alternates with Lochmaddy.
Open by arrangement
Contact Berneray Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.