Externally plain, slated and harled Georgian rural parish kirk of 1832, incorporating 15th century sacrament house and 17th century monuments of national significance from earlier church. Notable are the 1620 monument to Lady Mary Keith, a fusion of Renaissance architectural details and traditional symbolism (knobbly kneed Death skewering Lady Mary’s parents) and the much more sophisticated 1690 Scott Monument in white marble with cherubs, drapery and foliage. Church acquired by Historic Churches Scotland in 2006 with the generous assistance of the local community.
Occasional services, weddings and funerals by arrangement. For arranging services, please telephone Historic Churches Scotland on 0131 563 5135.
Open daily 9.00am-6.00pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.