The current Ballintrae Parish Church was built in 1819. It is a dignified building with corbie-stepped gables and steep roof, being the old Scottish type of architecture. The clock tower was added in 1891. Inside a notable feature is the regency pulpit. The vestry was enlarged in 1961. On the West wall there are two stained glass windows in memory of the father and mother of Mr George Oliver, proprietor of Laggan. On the South wall a stained glass window in memory of the Rev. Fergus Williamson, minister of the parish for 38 years.
Open from Easter to October
Ballintrae Parish Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.