Baldernock Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Baldernock Crescent, Milngavie, G62 6HA
Local Authority: East Dunbartonshire
The religious history of the site goes back to the 13th century. The present church was built in 1795 on the site of an earlier church and is an excellent example of a rural late 18th century parish church. The bell-tower contains a curious panel which may have come from the nearby Roman wall. The interior is rich with timberwork including the panelled central pulpit with sound board; timber dado panelling; and panelled timber gallery to three sides supported on timber columns. Interesting gravestones, including Archibald Bulloch from whom President Theodore Roosevelt and Eleanor Roosevelt descended. The church stands at the end of a lovely walk from Milngavie.
Open Sunday 2.00-4.00pm, May to August or by arrangement
Contact this Baldernock Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.