First-pointed Gothic-style building with 36-metre spire designed by James Maitland Wardrop 1864-6. High quality stained glass by Ballantine & Sons. Fine organ by Forster & Andrews of Hull 1894, restored by James Lightoller of Berwick 1997. Occasional organ recitals. In the burial ground are the ivy-clad ruins of the 12th-century St Dionysius’s church.
Sundays: 1st and 3rd Sunday 11.00am.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.