The church sits above the village on the side of a hill with a picture postcard setting. Gothic Revival style with prominent spire by Alexander Ross, 1872. The vestry contains a late-medieval decorative aumbry c1500. Small pipe organ by Miller of Dundee, 1907. Stained glass windows in east and west gables by Henry M Barnett of Newcastle. Three wall hangings by Mrs Lilian Noble of Avoch and two others by ladies of Avoch Church Guild. Sir Alexander Mackenzie of Canada is buried in the graveyard.
Open by arrangement
Contact Avoch Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.