Pilgrims travelling between Inchcolm and St Andrews would stop at an ancient well and the panoramic view makes this still a special place. The earliest record of a church here is 1178; there are records for ministers from 1574. The present church was reconstructed in 1833 using earlier fabric. Stained glass includes a window of St Andrew used as inspiration for concerts. Many improvements, including the pipe organ by Casson & Millar, were the gift of one minister, the Rev William Stevenson. A table gravestone in the chuchyard is dated 1604.
Sundays: 9.30 am.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.