Built 1630 with stone from earlier churches of 1275 and 1426. Partially rebuilt 1775. Chancel and nave with tower at west end. Burial vault at east end. Interior completely renovated 1910. Gothic chancel arch lends character and dignity. Three impressive stained glass windows, medieval octagonal font, stool of repentance and 18th-century clock. Situated on south side of Sidlaw hills.
Sundays: 11.00am on 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, 9.30am on 2nd and 4th.
Open by arrangement
Contact Auchterhouse Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.