Auchinleck Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Church Hill, Auchinleck, KA18 2AB
Local Authority: East Ayrshire
There has been a church on this site since the 12th century. The present building, designed by James Ingram, was begun in 1833 and was funded by the Boswell family. The bell tower, designed by Robert Ingram, was added 1897. The interior was completely rebuilt after a fire in 1938. Organ by Hill, Norman & Beard. James Chrystal, a Moderator of the Church of Scotland, served as Minister for over 60 years. In the churchyard is the Boswell Aisle of 1754.
Sundays: 11.30 am.
Open by arrangement
Contact Auchinleck Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.