Built by John Smith 1829 as Fordoun Parish Church on a site known as Kirkton of Fordoun. Religious site since 7th century. St Palladius died and reputedly buried here. Celtic stone in vestibule. Memorial to first Protestant martyr George Wishart (born at Mains of Pittarrow in old parish of Fordoun) in graveyard. Seating in nave replaced 1990. Stained glass rose window.
Sunday: 11.00am, excluding first Sunday of month
Open by arrangement; a key can be obtained from Mrs Jenny Thomson (01561 320245)
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.