The most westerly church and parish on the British mainland. It was designed by William Burns, 1827-31 Large but economical T-plan design, differing from the Parliamentary churches in having its jamb projecting forwards as an entrance front. The stunted-looking belltower is a variation of Burn’s proposed Italianate campanile. The original barrel-vaulted interior survives with panelled galleries and a hexagonal pulpit with finialled sounding board, also by Burn. Meall mo Chridhe, c.1790; front block added by William Ross, 1828-30 The former manse, characteristically Kilchoan’s best-appointed residence, set back above a stone-walled park within a stand of beech trees. Contemporary U-plan gighouse/stable.
11am or 2pm Alternate Sundays with Acharacle Church
Contact Ardnamurchan Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.