Applegarth, Sibbaldie and Johnstone Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Applegarth, DG11 1SX
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
There has been a church here since 1140; the churches of Applegarth and Sibbaldie United in 1609, and with Johnstone in 2004. White T-plan kirk of 1763, remodelled 1885. Two rose windows and two other windows with stained glass, erected as a war memorial in 1920. Attached is the exceptional burial enclosure of the Jardines, late 17th-century with classical detailing.
Sundays: 10.00 am.
Open by arrangement
Contact Applegarth, Sibbaldie and Johnstone Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.