Built 1845 to a design by Thomas Mackenzie of Elgin but only completed in 1878 by architects A & W Reid & Melvin, Elgin. United with the North Church in 1931. An imposing symmetrical building with round-headed windows and a square tower capped by a balustrade and urns. Alves Parish Church was originally a prebend held by the Chantor of Elgin Cathedral.
Sunday: 11.30am, 1st Sunday of each month.
Open by arrangement.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.