Half-way between the school and the Telford bridge, the church was built 1854-7 by Hugh Mackay as a Free Church. Fine stonework and interior woodwork. Oil lamps now converted to electricity. Long communion tables between front pews for communicants to sit at. Stained glass window in memory of Kathleen Joan Kimball.
No regular services
Contact Altnaharra Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.