All Saints', Gretna
Address: Annan Road , Gretna , DG16 5DH
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built in 1917 by the Ministry of Munitions to serve the large Anglican population working in the area’s armaments factories. Designed by Geoffrey Lucas in early Christian style, the nave roof sweeping out over the aisles. The Arts & Crafts furnishings: choir stalls, communion rail, lectern and pulpit, were designed by Lucas and the wood carving executed by Lawrence Turner. Substantial refurbishment has not altered the fittings or the character. A warm welcome awaits all who visit.
Open by arrangement
Contact All Saints', Gretna.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.