Built as private chapel of Edward James Stopford-Blair of Penninghame House and consecrated 1872. Designed by W G Habershon & Pite of London and an excellent example of a small Victorian church. Ten stained glass windows, numerous memorial plaques, pine altar and wrought-iron and brass rood screen. Fine Harston two-tracker organ 1881, restored 1993.
Sundays: 9.00am Holy Eucharist, 10.30am Mattins (1st Sunday), Sung Eucharist (2nd, 4th and 5th), Family Communion (3rd). Saints days as advertised.
Open by arrangement
Contact this church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.