Simple rectangular Parliamentary church designed by Thomas Telford, 1829. Most Parliamentary churches are T-plan, but this is one of the smaller type, without the rear wing. The church is built of local stone with a slate roof. It has arched windows with original cast-iron frames with centre mullion, Y-tracery and lattice-pane glazing. Bellcote at gable apex. The interior was re-ordered in the 1930s when the focus was changed from the pulpit on the centre of the south wall to the communion table at the east end. The church has plain white walls and wooden pews. The castellated gates into the burial ground form the parish War Memorial.
Sunday 11 am or 2pm, alternating between Acharacle and Ardnamurchan. Please see the web-site for up-to-date service times.
Contact Acharacle Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.